What it means to me

I came to Christ a beggar,
A wounded empty house,
Broken walls and shattered glass.

And He said
Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole;
Go in peace.

I came to Christ a sinner,
A cup of bitter dregs,
Half full and thirsting.

And He answered
Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give
Shall never thirst.

I came to Christ wondering,
Seeking shelter from the storms,
Tossed about and drifting.

And He blessed me
My peace I give unto you. Let not your heart be troubled,
Neither let it be afraid.

I went to find the Christ,
In the quiet early morning,
And found the hollow, empty tomb.

And the angels answered
Why seek ye the living, here, among the dead?
He is not here. He is risen, as He said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!