Day 05 – A book that makes you happy

A book Books that makes you happy

Gosh, this is hard.  A lot of books make me happy but every now and then I close a book with such a feeling of complete satisfaction.  I get that feeling at the end of The Deathly Hallows, when JK gives us a glimpse into the future.  I'm so glad she did that, she gave us Harry and Ron and Hermione as full-grown happy people.  Don't think I'm totally lame, but I also get that happy ending feeling at the end of Breaking Dawn (the final in the Twilight series).  Another book that makes me happy is Anne's House of Dreams, the first Anne of Green Gables book where she is finally married to Gilbert (I should have had that on my more than 3 times list, by the way).  Another book that really makes me happy is Peter Rabbit.  My grandparents gave me a copy when I was 8, which I still have, and still read fairly often.  I suppose I shouldn't leave out Where the Wild Things Are.  What's better than coming back from the wide world of imagining to a room where your dinner is still hot? 

Comments

Tami said…
I'm such a sucker for romance and happy endings, so there are lots of books that make me happy! :) Jane Austen's Sense & Sensibility and Pride & Prejudice are two. Anne of the Island. And from my childhood, Pippi Longstocking!
Sarah said…
Ooo good choices! I would have to add North and South to the list too, now that I'm thinking about British romances.

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!