shoe - noun, plural shoes, shoon; verb, shod or shoed, shod or shoed or shod·den, shoe·ing.

I'm sorry, Eric. I have a new love.

I think you might have suspected there was something going on.

It's not you, it's me.

If it makes things better, I promise it is purely a physical relationship.

When we met in the store for the first time, I couldn't help myself.
"Hello darling, you are coming home with me," I said.

There is room for all of us, although I don't plan to share.

I hope you won't mind if their lovely leather smell fills up our bedroom. It can't be that much worse than the...ahem...other smells I encounter from time to time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes Amelda, this is something that I have known for some time...

Eric
Anonymous said…
From those who have known you even longer than Eric (Josh and Carly have no idea how that is possible by the way), this is not a new love. This is a terminal condition that has always existed. Your first word was "mine", your first sentance was "my shoes!". We gave up long ago trying to cure it, we simply cope day by day.

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

Possibly a treat, but maybe a fork in the eye