Observations from an oddly normal day

Just some of the thoughts that run through my mind and the happenings that occur as I go about my "busy work"...

~ Carly has a strange fascination with her sleeves. When you put a long sleeve shirt on her she will look first at the sleeve, then her hand, then her sleeve while moving her hand. I imagine she must be thinking "Whoa!"

~ When cutting your own hair, save the panic for when the final strand is cut. Then panic.

~ Maybe its better just to stop being cheap and pay for a haircut?

~ The good thing about curly hair (one of the few upsides to having it I can find) is if you happen to cut your own hair a little unevenly, no one can really tell.

~ Somehow, Eric manages to leave articles of clothing in every room of the house...like a trail leading to his favorite rooms in the house.

~ Planning then changing an entire Enrichment meeting in the course of a week is not a stress free way to spend your days.

~ Carly also has a strange fascination with deodorant. Not wearing it, just walking around holding the lady speedstick.

~ There is something wonderful about wearing your favorite sweatshirt on the first cold day of the season.

~ Then again, it strikes me as odd that we take off our wonderful, comfortable pj's and change into the uncomfortable daytime clothes....if not for the possibility of people dropping by unannounced, I don't think I would ever wear anything other than pj's when I'm at home.

~ It takes a team of 20 people (literally) to solve the riddle of third grade math homework. How am I supposed to know what the mode is?!

~ Solving third grade math problems with 20 friends while raiding Zul Gurub in World of Warcraft...priceless.

~ Chocolate is never around when you need it. Probably because you already ate all of it.

~ I really don't like baking...

~ Someday I'm going to crack the code to Carly's secret language. The hand signals and gobble-de-gook has to mean something.

~ I must resign myself to the fact that Joshua's room is going to implode every other day or so. Cleaning it is an exercise in futility.

~ No matter how many loads of laundry I wash, there are always more dirty clothes.

~ There is nothing mini about a minivan. Except the gas mileage.


Fascinating? Probably not....but you read it anyhow.
I know, I know - you really stopped by hoping for pictures. Guess you'll have to check back again tomorrow.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just want you to know, I think you're truly funny. I so look forward to reading your blog. :)
Sarah said…
Haha thanks. I think *funny* might be a bit strong, but I'll take it.

Popular posts from this blog

On Becoming

Forty three

And I didn't prepare a speech!